Each year, Scouting units (packs, troops, and crews) are required to renew their charters with the Pine Tree Council. The charter is the official agreement between the council and your local chartered organization to provide a program under the auspices of the BSA. The process of renewing a unit’s charter reinforces this agreement year-to-year and provides an opportunity to update registration records and qualify for Journey to Excellence recognition.
Online Recharter System
All units will submit their charter renewals through a system located in Internet Advancement 2.0.
- Renew your unit charter online.
- Meet with the executive officer of your charter organization to sign the Charter Agreement in September.
- Ensure ALL registered adults renew their Youth Protection Training so it does not expire before December 31, 2024.
- Submit ALL fall recruiting youth and adult apps and dues before submitting the 2024 charter. Any 2023 application submitted after December 31, 2023 cannot be back dated.
- Collect Background Check Authorization & Youth Protection Certificate for all new adult applications.
- Collect the appropriate membership fees. Don’t forget about the new council fee.
- Submit printed, signed charter & fees to district commissioner by the November district Roundtable.
Questions? Please contact your District Commissioner
Why you should renew your unit’s charter ON TIME!
- Units must remain registered to be covered by the BSA liability insurance policy.
- Adults must be registered to be covered by the BSA liability insurance and council accident insurance policies.
- Being late with this process will affect your youth members’ advancements and unit/individual registration tenure.
- Youth members must be registered to be covered by the council accident insurance policy.
- Criminal records background checks are conducted on adults when applications are turned in to the council office.
- Boy’s Life magazine subscriptions may be suspended if a unit’s re-charter is turned in late.