Scouting for Food 2019
Did you Know?
• 16.4 percent of Maine households, or more than 200,000 people are food insecure
• Maine ranks 16th in the nation and 1st in New England for food insecurity
• Child food insecurity is 21 percent, or nearly 1 in every 5 children, are food insecure (55,000 children)
Pine Tree Council, in partnership with People's United Bank, will help combat this with the 2018 Scouting for Food Drive.
Food collection will be on November 10, 2018 throughout the Pine Tree Council. This will be a combination of the traditional door to door neighborhood collection and fill the tent events at grocery stores and other locations. Food will be distributed by local food banks to our neighbors in need.
• Collect over 25 tons of food and distribute it to our neighbors in need
• Enable our scouts to be better citizens in the community
• Raise awareness in the community of local scouting and the Pine Tree Council.